In case you wanted a condensed version of the previous eight posts I’ve published recently, here are some quick FAQs for your reference:
Today’s Teens on Tech
Question: What percentage of kids aged 8 to 12 own a tablet?
Question: What percentage of teens own a smartphone?
Question: What percentage of teen boys like to play “a lot” of video games?
Question: What percentage of teen girls like to play “a lot” of video games?
Question: What percentage of boys are Social Media fanatics?
Question: What percentage of girls are Social Media fanatics?
Question: What percentage of teens text while working on homework?
Question: What percentage of teens listen to music while working on homework?
Top 10 best iPhone apps of all time
Question: What are the top 10 best iPhone apps of all time?
- #10: Uber – hail a taxi with a few clicks
- #9: Youtube – get lost in addictive videos
- #8: Vine – see how creative people can get with six seconds
- #7: WeChat – another WhatsApp version
- #6: Find My iPhone – a must have for any iPhone owner
- #5: Angry Birds – one of the most addictive games ever made
- #4: Twitter – share info in 140 characters or less
- #3: Facebook – look popular with hundreds of friends you barely talk to
- #2: Google Maps – accurately find your way to places
- #1: Instagram – hashtag, hashtag, hashtag
Cell phone world records
Question: What are some of the world’s best cell phone records?
- Most consecutive ping pong bounces on a cell phone
- A man from India bounced a ping pong ball 4,122 times in a row
- Longest time balancing a cell phone on his middle finger while drinking beer
- A man from Canada balanced his cell phone on his middle finger for 13 minutes while drinking beer
- Longest time balancing a cell phone on his nose on top of a drumstick
- The ping pong man returns… this time he balances his cell phone on a drumstick on his nose for 27.34 seconds
- Farthest distance to catch a cell phone
- A man from the US caught a cell phone thrown from 12 feet away
- Longest distance to throw a cell phone
- A man from the US threw a cell phone 132 yards far
- Most messages in a cell phone inbox
- A man from the Philippines had 2,417 messages in his inbox
- Most unread Facebook notifications on a smartphone
- A man from the US had about 250 unread Facebook notifications on his phone
Four things you need to know about 4G
Question: How fast is 4G?
Answer: 4G is three times faster than 3G
Question: When was 4G introduced?
Answer: 4G was introduced in 2013
Question: What is 4G called in the US?
Answer: Long Term Evolution (LTE)
Question: When is 5G coming out?
Answer: 5G is expected to come out in 2020
The cell phone revolution
Question: What does the ‘G’ stand for in 2G, 3G, etc?
Question: What was 1G best known for?
Answer: To make phone calls.
Question: What could 2G phones do?
Answer: Send simple text messages plus 1G capabilities.
Question: What could 3G phones do?
Answer: Smartphone capabilities including emails, internet, videos, photos, etc.
Question: What is 4G all about?
Answer: Today’s ‘normal’ network speed.